Most modern routers can have multiple networks at the same time. Something like ‘Acme-Net 2.4’ and ‘Acme-Net 5.0’. If there are multiple networks active, your mobile device and Chromecast can be connected to the same router but different networks.
To see which network your mobile device is connected to:
- Select 'Settings' on your Android device, or long press the 'Wi-Fi' icon in the systems tray
- Locate and select 'Wi-Fi', or 'Connections'
- Double check that Wi-Fi is in the ON position, make note of the network you're connected to before proceeding to the next step
To see which network the Chromecast is connected to:
- Turn on your TV and switch to the input for the Chromecast
- If you do not see the Chromecast home-screen, double check that it is plugged in to the proper HDMI port, and powered properly
If you still do not see the Chromecast icon, turning the Chromecast, mobile device, and router off and on again at the same time can actually resolve many casting related issues.
- First try turning off your Chromecast by unplugging it, and while it's unplugged power off your mobile device and home router. Keep everything off for about 1 minute.
- Turn your router and/or cable modem back on, and wait for the connection to fully reestablish, about 2 minutes.
- Turn on your Chromecast
- Turn on your mobile device
Once all devices have fully powered on, check again to see if the casting icon has appeared. If you continue to have trouble, please submit a request in the top right corner and we will be happy to help troubleshoot further.